This policy explains the privacy practices of Waze Mobile Limited and its affiliates ("Waze") as they relate to the purchase and display of advertising space from Waze (the "Advertising Services") (which, along with other services offered by Waze to its users, are collectively referred to as, "the Services").
It describes how Waze collects and uses your personal information and the rights and options available to you.
Contact Waze / Abuse reports
If you believe that your privacy has been compromised by any person, in the course of using the Services, then please contact Waze at: email@example.com.
You may send Waze other requests, responses, questions and complaints by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information you provide with respect to Advertising Services
When you register to Waze's Advertising Services and wish to purchase from Waze advertising space to be used for displaying your Ads on the Application, you will be required to provide Waze with certain details. Waze will ask you to provide information about your business including, without limitation, the name of your business, physical address, email address, phone number, organization number, tax ID, etc. In addition, in order to pay for the advertising space you purchase, you will be required to provide Waze with your payment details, including credit card details (credit card number and expiration date), billing address and further details with respect to your Ads. To protect your privacy, your payment details may not be stored on Waze's systems but rather on a third party online payment gateway that assists Waze in the authentication, authorization, charge and maintenance of your payment details for the Advertising Services you purchase from Waze. This is with the provision that such gateway is subject to applicable standards and regulations with respect to the holding of personal information and the processing of online payments.
Bear in mind that false, incorrect, or out-dated information may impair Waze's ability to provide you with the Advertising Services and to contact you when necessary. Waze will explicitly indicate the fields for mandatory completion. If you do not enter the requisite data in these fields, you may not be able to register with the Advertising Services.
What does Waze do with your personal information?
Waze may use your personal information for the following purposes only:
- to provide the Services and to enable you to use the Services;
- to operate the Services and to improve and customize your experience with the Services, as well as the experience of other users;
- to provide you with support and handle request and complaints;
- to send you updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to the Services;
- to conduct surveys and questionnaires;
- to contact you when Waze believes it to be necessary;
- to comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under any applicable law, when Waze has a good faith belief that Waze's cooperation with the law enforcement agencies is legally mandated or meets the applicable legal standards;
- to prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal activities and misuse of the Services;
- to handle breakdowns and malfunctions;
- to take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and the Service, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Service;
Sharing information with others
Waze does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties for any of their marketing purposes.
Waze will not share your personal information with others, without your consent, except for the following purposes and to the extent necessary in Waze's good-faith discretion:
- When you use the Services, when you take part in content-related activities, when it is necessary to facilitate the functionality of the Services and when it is necessary to manage and administer the Services Waze provides;
- if Waze is required, or reasonably believes that it is required by law to share or disclose your information;
- in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and Waze, or between you and other users with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
- in any case where Waze reasonably believes that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent physical damage or damage to property;
- if Waze organizes the operation of the Services within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity, or if Waze is acquired by, or merged into or with another entity, or if Waze enters bankruptcy, provided however, that those entities agree to be bound by the provisions of this policy, with respective changes taken into consideration;
- for facilitating the Services and to store your data on servers located in the U.S.A and the European Union;
- to collect, hold and manage your personal information through cloud based or hosting services or a third party or a party affiliated or connected to Waze, as reasonable for business purposes, which may be located in countries outside of your jurisdiction, including but not limited to the United States of America.
Waze may also share personal information with companies or organizations connected or affiliated with Waze, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies. Personal information may also be shared with Waze's other partners and service providers to process it for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with this policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Controlling your personal information
If you find that the information on your account is not accurate, complete or updated, then you must make all necessary changes to correct it. Please keep in mind that false, incorrect, or outdated information may prevent you from registering with the Services and impair the ability to provide you with Services.
Waze considers information security to be a top priority. Waze implements systems, applications and procedures to secure your personal information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. However, these measures are unable to provide absolute assurance. Therefore, although Waze takes great efforts to protect your personal information, Waze cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that the Waze's databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
Waze may from time to time change the terms of this policy. Substantial changes will take effect 30 days after Waze has posted an initial notification on the Website's homepage or any other relevant web pages. Other changes will take effect 7 days after their initial posting on the Website. However, if Waze amends this policy to comply with legal requirements, the amendments will become effective immediately upon their initial posting, or as required.
You agree to be bound by any of the changes made in the terms of this policy. Continuing to use the Services will indicate your acceptance of the amended terms. If you do not agree with any of the amended terms, you must avoid any further use of the Services.
Last Updated on June 25, 2015